Add <span> Header to libstdc++
Ed Smith-Rowland
2018-10-01 23:26:20 UTC
Conor,

I am CCing the libstdc++ list to get more eyes on this.  We send
libstdc++ patches to both libstdc++ and gcc-patches.

Do you have Copyright assignment to the FSF?  You'll want to start hat
quickly if you don't have it.

I am looking over your patch for <span> and it looks like a good start.

For the main patch there are mostly style issues (see
gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++//manual/source_code_style.html)

The biggest thing might be the testsuite.  You'll want a
libstdc++-v3/testsuite/23_containers/span directory.  Look in the
sibling directories for how these things are structured.

Best regards,

Ed Smith-Rowland

OP: https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2018-09/msg01658.html
Lars Gullik Bjønnes
2018-10-07 19:22:24 UTC
Also getting

sizeof(span<char>) == 16
sizeof(span<char, 5>) == 8
sizeof(span<char, 0>) = 1

would be nice. (x86_64)
Lgb
Lars Gullik Bjønnes
2018-10-08 12:44:28 UTC
Not sizeof(span<char, 0> == 1.. that does not fit specification.
Post by Lars Gullik Bjønnes
Also getting
sizeof(span<char>) == 16
sizeof(span<char, 5>) == 8
sizeof(span<char, 0>) = 1
would be nice. (x86_64)
Lgb
Ed Smith-Rowland
2018-11-28 16:26:33 UTC
Hello,
I sent a request for the copyright assignment as above, but I have not
received it yet. It is possible that its trapped with the labor
disruptions with Canada Post. Would it be possible to get the form
emailed to me, or do I just have to wait.
Will do, thanks!
Connor,
Have a look at https://www.fsf.org/licensing/
If I remember, they'll send you forms by snail mail which you
sign and send back.
Be patient.
But keep working on your <span>.
We can't really look at it real hard until you have papers
verified.
I look forward to working with you on libstdc++. There's a lot
of work to do.
Ed
I remember it took a while to get things moving but this seems excessive.

I'm cc'ing the rest of the list if anyone has ideas?

Ed Smith-Rowland
Jonathan Wakely
2018-11-28 16:37:05 UTC
Post by Ed Smith-Rowland
Hello,
I sent a request for the copyright assignment as above, but I have
not received it yet. It is possible that its trapped with the labor
disruptions with Canada Post. Would it be possible to get the form
emailed to me, or do I just have to wait.
[...]
Post by Ed Smith-Rowland
I'm cc'ing the rest of the list if anyone has ideas?
It's in the FSF's hands now, we can't do anything. I suggest emailing
them again (***@gnu.org).